Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Living After Midnight

This morning, as I was driving to work, I was listening to the radio and heard "Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest. I loved that song when I was a teenager. Actually, I was a Judas Priest fan growing up in Texas. If anyone had suggested to me that lead singer Rob Halford was gay, I would have scoffed at the idea. Of course, having lived in San Francisco for nearly two decades, I can't believe how naive I was. The guy looked like the poster boy for a queer S&M club.

§§§

It is my intention to see midnight movies on consecutive nights this weekend.

On Friday night (11:45 PM to be exact), I will see The Candy Snatchers at the Castro.

On Saturday night (12:00 AM Sunday to be exact), I will see The Legend of Drunken Master (aka Drunken Master II) with Jackie Chan at the Red Vic.

The Legend of Drunken Master kicks off the Red Vic's 2009 Midnight Movie series. The hook for them is that they are showing midnight movies on nights with full moons. Full moons can occur on any night of the week so I wonder if they are really going to show midnight movies on weeknights...I wonder if I'll be crazy enough to go to a midnight movie on a weeknight. The next full moon is on Monday, February 7.

§§§

On January 16, Chandni Chowk to China opens at the Balboa. This Bollywood action/musical/comedy was the first Hindi film shot in China. Not quite sure if I'll see it but I might give it the benefit of the doubt to support the Balboa.

No comments: