Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Openings and Re-openings

I've previously blogged about the Cerrito Theater. Formerly the Cerrito Speakeasy, the theater re-opened under the Rialto Cinemas umbrella. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is playing there so I guess they are able to get first-run films.

I couldn't find any news on the Parkway Theater in Oakland re-opening.

§§§

The J-Pop Center from Viz Media is slated to open on August 15. Renamed New People, the August line-up has been posted. The theater kicks off with a manga-based, live-action trilogy called 20th Century Boys. I'm not familiar with the series and I'm not sure if I'll attend but I may swing by to see what the theater is like. The location is 1746 Post Street in San Francisco.

§§§

The Vortex Room has announced their August film schedule. Presented by Cosmic Hex and Kitten69.com, Cult on Film screens double features every Thursday night at 9 and 11 PM. Divine Emanuelle: Love Cult looks promising. Actually, I wonder what Kitten69.com is all about. I can't find any content on their website and their banner announces "A Brave Nude World...2007."

No comments: