Saturday, January 5, 2013

Welcome/Goodbye to Retrodome

One of the items I have forgot to post last month is that the Retrodome in San Jose is closing on or by January 31.  The Retrodome is a multi-purpose performance space in the former Century 25 Theater at the Westgate Mall at 1694 Saratoga Ave.  Featuring live musical theater, films, stand up comedy & live music, the Retrodome has flourished for nearly 3.5 years.  Having lost their lease, they are weighing their options but will not fight the closure of their current venue.  They are considering reopening in a different location.  To find out more about their plans, you can read their blog.

I've been aware of the Retrodome for awhile but have never been there.  I don't get down to San Jose often.  I'm not sure if I can make it down there by January 31.  The MeshugaNutcracker! looked interesting but I couldn't get down there in December.  I don't think there are any more live productions before their scheduled closure.  There are only sing-along & quote-along films (Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Grease and Raiders of the Lost Ark) on the schedule currently.

No comments: