Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Puzzle Within the Castro Theater's February 2015 Theater Calendar

The title of this post is a misnomer because there isn't a puzzle this month.  The Castro Theater is open everyday in February although it is holding a private event on February 9.

Among the calendar highlights are:

February 10 & 11 - Interstellar in 70 mm.  I have read & heard mixed reviews about Interstellar but if my schedule allows, I'll probably see it and if I'm going to see it, I'd just as soon see in in 70 mm.

February 12 & 13 - a four film Michael Keaton series with Night Shift being the highlight for me.

February 14 - I have never seen one of Marc Huestis Presents events.  I don't know if I will get to this screening of Romeo & Juliet on Valentine's Day but I want to see one of his shows one of these days.  I cannot remember the last time I saw a West Side Story screening advertised which was not a sing-along.  The Castro is screening West Side Story as a matinee on February 14.  No word yet as to whether it is a sing-along.  I want to see it without the crowd "singing" in unison.

February 16 & 17 - the Castro just screened Blade Runner The Final Cut in December.  I assume the version screening in February is one of the other half dozen or so versions of the film.

February 25 - I don't believe I have seen The Exorcist in a movie theater.  As I have gotten older and rewatched the film on multiple occasions, it's not as scary as the first time I saw it.  However, I have come to appreciate William Friedkin's directorial flourishes and the interaction between the two priests, Linda Blair and Mercedes McCambridge's voice.

Given that SF Indiefest and the Mostly British Film Festival are being held in February, I don't know how many films I'll be able to attend at the Castro.

§§§

Castro Theater Calendar - February 2015


No comments: