Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Puzzle Within the Castro Theater's June 2015 Calendar

I didn't do very well with the June calendar of the Castro Theater.

June 8 - I thought this was Ava Gardner but when I figured out the June 15 clue, I cheated by searching on line.  It turns out that the photo on June 8 is Gypsy Rose Lee.  I have heard of Gypsy Rose Lee and have even seen a few clips of her doing a fan dance but did not recognize her.  In my defense, whenever I see photos or film clips of Lee, my attention is not focused on her face.

June 15 - I did not know who this was.  I searched the internet and discovered it was Billy Rose, noted song lyricist, nightclub owner, theatrical producer as well as Fanny Brice's husband.  I don't know if I've ever seen a photo of him before.

June 29 - Rose Marie...who I recognized immediately from The Dick Van Dyke Show.  Although it has nothing to do with the puzzle, I find Mary Tyler Moore during her time on the show to be incredibly appealing.

Gypsy Rose Lee, Billy Rose & Rose Marie - I assume the puzzle is pointing to the June 4 screening of Rosemary's Baby which I missed.  I also know that June's Birth Flower is a rose.

§§§

The June 30 screening of Contempt and Mulholland Drive has been rescheduled to July 21.  The films were bumped by an event that sounds like something from a film.  Kim Kardashian West is appearing at a Commonwealth Club event.  Kim Kardashian "in conversation with Judge LaDoris Cordell (ret), Independent Police Auditor, City of San Jose."  I wonder how that conversation went at the Commonwealth Club.

"Hey let's get Kim Kardashian to speak at one of our events."

"That's a great idea but who would interview her?"

"Let's get that 60something retired judge who is now the independent police auditor in San Jose!"

§§§

The July 1 TBA has been announced.  It's a documentary called The Deepest Depths of the Burrow.  If you know what or who Nychos is, the film may appeal to you.

§§§

Castro Theater Calendar - June 2015

No comments: